Harrisburg UniversityProfessional Development & Continuing Education
Creating and delivering courses and events that empower and connect government, corporate, and education leaders.
Our Professional Development and Continuing Education services include open-enrollment professional development courses, specialized certificate cohorts, customized training, and contracted training and projects. As an innovative and entrepreneurial institution, we have the flexibility to provide a continuum of capacity-building workforce development solutions to help companies and individuals thrive. Content areas include (but are not limited to) Lean, Agile, Leadership, Information Technology, Project Management, Data Analytics, & Cyber Security.
What makes us different
- Mission: As a STEM-focused university with a mission rooted in creating workforce and economic opportunities for the region, our team is committed to generating value for the businesses and individuals we serve through professional programs, courses, and events.
- Highly Talented Faculty: Our instructors not only include the array of talented individuals from our full-time faculty, but also include affiliated instructors who are successful practitioners in the field and highly talented trainers.
- Synergy: Harrisburg University is a nimble, non-profit educational partner that can provide a full continuum of workforce and capacity-building activities. Optimize your relationship with HU with multiple initiatives in your organization.
- Applied, Experiential Learning: Courses and programs are designed to be highly engaging and provide tangible learning outcomes that can be applied immediately. Courses are built around the use of innovative technologies and best practices in adult learning.
- Partnerships: The Professional Development and Continuing Education Department’s Centers and Institutes—the Government Technology Institute (GTI), Security Center of Excellence (SCE), Analytics Institute (AI), Center for Project Management Innovation (CPMI), and Center for Applied Geospatial & Environmental Technology (CAEGT) engages partners with unique technical solutions for their organizations coupled with with the latest research and emerging technologies.
What Can We Do For You
Stay Connected with our Professional Development offerings
To receive additional information about programs, certifications and events with Harrisburg University Professional Development please sign up now!
Professional Development Staff
Vice President for Strategic Workforce Development and University Centers
Associate Vice President of Workforce Development
Director of Professional Development Programs
Senior Program Coordinator, Professional Development
Program Coordinator for Professional Development
Professional Development Communications and Marketing Coordinator
Engage with Us
We offer several professional development offerings throughout each month, including:
- Free community forums
- Trainings, certification programs, and exam preparation courses
- Summits and conferences
“The speakers that GTI brought in were most impressive and brought extremely valuable information as to the state of various cyber security initiatives to the class.”
More to Explore
Government Technology Institute
Connecting government technology leaders with the expertise of its sponsors, as well as Harrisburg University faculty and advisors.
Sponsors have the unique opportunity to provide their cutting-edge experience, expertise, and innovation to guide students and programs.