Skip to content

Every year Harrisburg University receives hundreds of inquiries and applications for admission from students from around the world.

We appreciate your interest and invite you to find out more about how you can succeed here. We believe that the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our international students broaden the horizons of all students, and we welcome you as a member of our University community.

If you have questions about academics, immigration requirements, housing, employment and community life, we can help. Our goal is to make your time at Harrisburg University productive and enjoyable.

Undergraduate Admissions

What do I need to apply?

This is waived if the student has completed an undergraduate college degree program from a regionally accredited United States institution of higher education; or completed a full-time semester of graduate studies from a regionally accredited United States institution of higher education with a 3.0 or higher GPA.

When should I apply?

There is no application deadline for undergraduate admissions. High school students are encouraged to apply during the fall or early spring of their senior year in high school. An adult learner is encouraged to apply at least two months prior to the start of any semester. This application process allows ample time to be accepted, develop an academic schedule, and process financial aid applications, if applicable. Each applicant’s candidacy is evaluated once all admissions materials have been received. Offers of admission are made to qualified candidates on a rolling basis.

How do I apply?

Step 1. Complete your free online application

Step 2. Submit your transcripts, goal statement, test scores, international documents, passport copy and optional letters of recommendations online to

Request that your high school and all undergraduate transcripts (if you’ve attended post-secondary school already) are emailed or sent to:

Harrisburg University
Office of Admissions
326 Market Street

Graduate Admissions

  1. Complete this form to request an application.
  2. Submit your final official undergraduate transcript(s) from the college or university at which your baccalaureate degree was conferred, and any other institution of higher education attended (whether or not academic credit was earned) to
  3. Submit a personal goal statement exploring topics such as future goals, leadership or group contributions, examples of leadership experience, or contribution to group efforts over time, plus two letters of recommendation to
  4. Submit a hard copy resume or by email to

The University does not require the GRE/GMAT for students seeking a master’s degree. However, the GRE/GMAT is strongly recommended for students seeking admission to a doctorate program.

Graduate Admissions for F-1 Students

The deadline for all student applications is 15 days before the start date of a semester.

In addition to the requirements listed above, you will need to provide the following:

F-1 graduate students take weekly classes online and come to campus three Saturdays per semester for the duration of their studies at HU. You can complete the online application here. If you’d like to receive information on the requirements for graduate admissions for F-1 students, please email your request to

Email for more information on our Master’s programs.

Doctoral Admissions

The doctorate admission process requires the candidate to submit the following documents when applying:
Apply Now

In addition to the documents required above, a student planning to attend the University on a student (F-1) visa must include the following:

In addition to satisfying the appropriate admissions requirements and procedures, an international student must demonstrate proficiency in the English language if admitted as a non-resident candidate.  Accepted minimum scores are 80 IBT on the TOEFL, 6.0 on the IELTS, or 105 on the Duolingo exam. Students do not need the English proficiency exam if they have transcripts from a U.S. institution.

Email for more information on our Doctoral programs. 

English Requirement for Non-U.S. Citizens

A demonstration of English language proficiency is required of any student who is not a United States citizen. Acceptable demonstrations include one of the following:

Students who have earned a degree in the UK, Australia, or Canada may be exempt from providing an English proficiency exam. Additionally, students from these countries are usually exempt from providing an English proficiency exam:

Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Botswana, Cameroon, Canada, Ethiopia, Fiji, Ghana, Guyana, Jamaica, Kenya, Kiribati, Malta, Micronesia, New Zealand, Nigeria, Papua New Guinea, Republic of Ireland, Rwanda, Samoa, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Sudan, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, United Kingdom, United States, Vanuatu, Zimbabwe

Contact Us

More to Explore

Find Your Degree

Browse our science and technology degree programs, including several convenient online options.

Apply Today

Create an account and start your free online application to Harrisburg University.