Education USA Panama City will host a Virtual Tech Summer Camp Career Showcase featuring five Harrisburg University professors at 4:15 p.m. on Wednesday, February 24.
HU Professors will share interesting projects on the following topics to motivate Panamanian students to pursue some of these new and exciting fields:
- Predicting injury risk factors in commercial crashes using machine learning techniques.
- Research opportunities in Esports: From amateur to professional levels.
- Diagnosing heart disease using machine learning.
- Creating simulation games to teach chemistry
The following faculty members will participate in the event, hosted by Education USA, Education USA is a U.S. Department of State network of over 425 international student advising centers in more than 175 countries.
- Dr. Kevin Huggins, Computer Science and Analytics professor.
- Dr. Roozbeh Sadeghian, Data Analytics professor.
- Dr. Ozlem Cosgun, Information Systems and Operations Management professor.
- Dr. Melanie Stegman, Professor and Lead Developer for HU’s Center for Advanced Entertainment and Learning Technology (CAELT).
- Charles Palmer, Interactive Media professor and Executive Director of HU’s Center for Applied Research in Esports.
For more information and to register for the showcase, click here.
ABOUT HARRISBURG UNIVERSITY
Accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, Harrisburg University is a private nonprofit university offering bachelor and graduate degree programs in science, technology, and math fields. For more information on the University’s affordable demand-driven undergraduate and graduate programs, call 717-901-5146 or email, Connect@HarrisburgU.edu. Follow on Twitter (@HarrisburgU) and Facebook (Facebook.com/HarrisburgU).