You may have heard about some big changes coming to the FAFSA for 2024-2025. If you haven’t yet, here is some important information for all FAFSA filers.
- The 2024-2025 FAFSA will not be available until the end of December. We are encouraging all students to wait until January to fill out their next FAFSA.
- If you are a dependent student you and your parent (and maybe your parent’s spouse) will all need FSA IDs to log on and give consent and sign the FAFSA.
- If you are an independent student, you and potentially your spouse will both need FSA IDs to log on and give consent and sign the FAFSA.
- All contributors to your FAFSA must give consent for federal tax information even if they did not file taxes or worked outside of the country. If anyone declines, you will not be eligible for aid!
- Aid eligibility calculations are changing – you may see differences in next year’s award totals.
Watch for and read emails from the US Department of Education’s office of Federal Student Aid for updates. We’ll also share more information with you once the FAFSA is released. As always, if you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.