College in the High School
College in the High School (CiHS) is when a student may enroll in dual enrollment courses within their high school.
What is College in the High School (CiHS)
CiHS is based on a formal agreement between the university and the school district. Harrisburg University interviews and vets a teacher as a corporate (adjunct) faculty with the university. We then conduct a curriculum review to see if any high school courses align with courses at HU. This may require some adjustments to course material. Once completed, the courses can count toward credit for courses at HU.
High school students may take up to 11 college credits per semester, or 23 credits in a year.
The cost for approved courses is $100 per credit. There are no additional fees.
College in the High School Program Brochures
- Bermudian Springs
- Big Spring
- Boyertown Area
- Camp Hill
- Carroll County Public Schools
- Central Dauphin School District – CD High School
- Central Dauphin School District – CD High School East
- Chambersburg Area
- Coatesville Area
- Conewago Valley
- Cumberland Valley
- Cumberland-Perry Area Votech
- Dallastown Area
- Dauphin County Technical School
- Downingtown Area School District – East High School
- Downingtown School District – West High School
- Eastern Lebanon County School District
- Elizabethtown Area
- Ephrata Area
- Gettysburg Area School District
- Grove City Area School District
- Halifax Area
- Harrisburg Academy
- Harrisburg University of Science and Technology
- Juniata County School District – East High School
- Juniata County School District – Juniata High School
- Lancaster County Career and Technology Center
- Lebanon School District
- Lower Dauphin
- Martin Luther King High School
- Mechanicsburg Area
- Middletown Area
- Millersburg Area School District
- Milton Hershey School
- Palmyra Area
- Paul Robeson High School
- Pequea Valley
- Philadelphia Military Academy
- Red Lion Area
- Roxborough High School
- School District of Lancaster
- South Middleton School District
- South Western
- Spring Grove Area School District
- Susquehanna Township
- Technical College High School (Pickering)
- Upper Adams
- Upper Dauphin Area
- Waynesboro Area
- West Perry
- West Shore School District – Cedar Cliff High School
- West Shore School District – Red Land High School
- William W. Bodine High School
- York County School Technology
If you do not see your school district listed above, please contact Director of Secondary School Services, Programs and Partnerships by calling 717-901-5100, ext. 1641, or emailing email@example.com.
Apply for College in the High School
Please verify your school is eligible for the CiHS program by checking the list above.
Simply complete the CiHS application. Harrisburg University will contact your school for all required information after you submit your application.
More to Explore
Early College Program
Eligible high school students can attend Harrisburg University full-time through our early college program.
Eligible students can attend virtual STEM explorations and certificate/credit bearing programs.