Professional Development & Continuing EducationPMP-CAPM Exam Prep Course (In-Class)
A combination of instruction and team-based exercises, and teaches what is at the heart of the Scrum and Agile movement
About the Course
This course exposes students and practicing project managers to the Project Management Body of Knowledge processes and standards and prepares students to take the PMP or CAPM certification exam.
- Demonstrate an ability to apply inputs, tools & techniques and outputs of the 49 project management processes tested in the PMP/CAPM exam
- Demonstrate the applied use of the traditional PMBOK Process Groups and Knowledge Areas with artifacts in the initiating, planning, executing, controlling, monitoring, and closing groups that are tested in the PMP/CAPM exam
- Demonstrate an understanding of the PMP/CAPM exam requirements
- Demonstrate an understanding of the PMI policies and procedures required to fulfill professional responsibility that are tested in the PMP/CAPM exam
Anyone preparing for CAPM or PMP certifications will benefit from this preparation course.
PMP certification is the most important industry-recognized certification for project managers. Obtaining a PMP certification provides opportunities in many fields such as in finance, consulting, construction, Information Technology, biotech, telecommunications, manufacturing, healthcare and many other industries around the globe. The PMP also increases your earning potential. PMP certification holders earn 20 percent more than their non-certified peers according to Earning Power: Project Management Salary Survey, Ninth Edition. Employers benefit as well. When more than one-third of their project managers are PMP-certified, organizations complete more of their projects on time, on budget and meeting original goals. (Pulse of the Profession® study, PMI, 2015.)
CAPM certification – Organizations with standardized practices attain better results and because the CAPM® recognizes your knowledge of the profession’s preeminent global standard, you’ll stand out to employers and be poised to move ahead.
This course is facilitated by professors that have more than two decades of experience teaching PMP/CAPM Exam Prep course with high passing percentage. 700 Exam Prep questions are provided for practice and the highest level of academic quality is maintained.
This class meets in person for 5 sessions.
Session 1: Monday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Course Introduction
- Overview of Project Management
- Professional Responsibility
- Foundational Concepts
- PMI Process Framework
Session 2: Tuesday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Integration Management
- Scope Management
- Time Management
Session 3: Wednesday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Cost Management
- Quality Management
- Human Resource Management
- Communication Management
Session 4: Thursday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Risk Management
- Procurement Management
- Stakeholder Management
Session 5: Friday 8:00 am – 11:00 am
- Application for PMP Exam Review
- Course Review
- Exam Preparation Review
We guarantee that you will pass your PMP/CAPM exam if you complete our three simulated exams, attend all classes and take the exam within 30 days. If you should fail the PMP exam, you can retake the PMP exam course training for free and access our test banks for free.
Eligible for 35 PDU’s upon completion of the course.
Total number of class hours = 35 (total hours includes class time)
The following materials are included in the cost of the course:
- One (1) hard copy of the PMI PMBOK V6
- Over 600 practice questions, simulated to look like the real exam
All print materials will be distributed the first day of class.
The following are not included in the cost of the course:
- Parking fee
Cancellation & Refunds
Harrisburg University reserves the right to cancel or reschedule courses/events at its discretion. Should a program or event be cancelled by the University, a full refund will be issued.
If you need to cancel your registration and would like a refund, please email MMafnas@HarrisburgU.edu. Please attach the confirmation email that you received at time of registration.
- A refund of 100% will be issued within 7 business days of your registration date.
- A refund of 50% will be issued up until 8 days prior to the start of the course/event.
- No refunds will be issued for cancellations 7 or less days prior to the start of the course/event.
“All aspects of the course were presented with real-life examples. I expect to add a significant level of professionalism to my existing position in regard to project management.”
There are no in-person sessions planned at this time
Class Dates and Times:
Class is scheduled from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm Monday-Thursday;
Friday is 8:00 am -11:00 am
Harrisburg University The Center for Project Management for Innovation
The Center for Project Management for Innovation (CPMI) at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology aims to significantly improve business and project outcomes for state and local governments as well as local and global businesses through professional development, certificates and academic offerings of efficient agile and lean business processes used for Product Development, Software Development, Manufacturing, Business Process Improvement and Value Centered Project/Portfolio Management.