Professional Development & Continuing EducationData Analytics Certificate Program
Skills and techniques for today’s data leaders to advance organization’s ability to perform data-driven decision making.
About the Course
The Data Analytics Certificate Program provides you with the strategic skills and techniques needed to advance your organization’s ability to perform data driven decision making. Discuss and widen your depth of knowledge in data governance, data mining , data visualization and data quality among other subjects in this comprehensive course.
The program is specifically designed for employees who are leading or will be participating in a program that involves data analytics. You will learn the essential elements needed to chart the path to take your data analytics program to the next level. The certificate program is designed to:
- Empower employees to identify the components of a successful data analytics program
- Discriminate between some of the analytical buzzwords like ‘artificial intelligence,’ ‘machine learning,’ and ‘internet of things.’
- Summarize the relationship among data governance, data quality and data management.
- Learn how to create data visualizations that are appealing to a wide variety of users.
To be considered for the Data Analytics Certificate Program, an employee must be nominated by their supervisor and have:
- Experience in an organization working with data and analytics OR
- Experience in managing a data analytics team or project
Led by Harrisburg University Analytics faculty, program facilitators, individual seminars are presented by subject matter experts, and include guest speakers, and interactive group exercises.
The 6-module curriculum consists of a combination of presentations, industry guest speakers, case studies, and hands-on exercises. The key areas of focus are on the components of implementing and maturing a successful data analytics program that include a data analytics culture, data quality, and data governance. In addition, advanced topics such as data visualization, big data, data mining, predictive analytics, machine learning, and artificial intelligence will be covered.
A Capstone project, applying the program’s core curriculum to a data analytics assessment project will be produced and presented by participants. Or, the Capstone project can be customized to meet specific data analytics challenge you would like to address. Each learning module is linked to the Capstone to ensure you are assessing every aspect of your organization’s data maturity.
Schedule and Module Topics
- Wednesdays – 1:00 PM – 4:30 PM, Eastern
- Thursdays – 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM, Eastern
Participants will be expected to complete readings and some written work prior to sessions. Additionally, each participant is expected to complete the Capstone project outlined in the “Curriculum” section.
Attendance at a minimum of 90% of the sessions is required.
Awarding of a certificate of completion will be based on a pass-fail assessment of the program’s curricular, attendance, and project-based requirements.
The following materials are included in the cost of the course:
- Analytics at Work: Smarter Decisions, Better Results by Thomas H. Davenport and Jeanne G. Harris
2023-2024 Tuition Fees*
- Private-Sector/For-Profit Organizations/Self-Employed: $3,745
- Public-Sector/Non-profit Organizations: $2,745
*Those accepted into the program or their organizations are responsible for the per-participant cost of the program. Tuition fee is not collected at time of application. Accepted applicants of the program will receive a tuition invoice at a later date.
Interested candidates should complete the application form by clicking on the APPLY NOW button below. The application allows candidates to present their learning goals, past experiences, expertise, and knowledge they will bring to the cohort for consideration. Candidates will be notified in a timely manner as to their acceptance into the Data Analytics Certificate program cohort.
Candidates will demonstrate the support of their senior leadership by submitting a letter of nomination written on their behalf. The nomination letter should include current position and responsibilities, along with skills, knowledge, and any special projects in which you are responsible.
The nomination letter should be addressed to “Data Analytics Certificate Program Directors” and emailed to ProfessionalEd@HarrisburgU.edu with the subject line as, “DACP Nomination Letter for [YOUR FIRST AND LAST NAME]”
APPLICATION DEADLINE / ACCEPTANCE NOTIFICATION
- All applications and nomination/support letters are due by the Application Deadline date
- Applicants will be notified regarding whether they have or have not been accepted into the program.
*Application deadline and notification dates are listed below under KEY DATES*
Applications for the 2023-2024 are now Closed.
If you are interested in applying for a future cohort, please email us at ProfessionalEd@HarrisburgU.edu to be added to our email list to receive announcements and updates.
Friday, October 6, 2023
- All applications and nomination letters are due by this date
- See the “Application Process” above for detailed information
On/By Friday, October 13, 2023
- All applicants will be notified of their acceptance or non-acceptance into the program by this date
2023-2024 Cohort Schedule
This is an excellent program for both analysts and leaders who want to learn how data analytics can propel their organizations forward. The course is taught by an exceptional professor who is passionate about the topic. The best practices I learned during the class as well as the connections I made with classmates will help my organization grow in analytical maturity.
This program offered much more than expected. I was pleased with the in-depth training provided by Dr. Anderson – her enthusiasm and expertise kept the class exciting and engaging. As an analyst/statistician, I was provided with a wealth of information concerning the world of analytics I was not aware of previous to this class.