Professional Development & Continuing EducationLean Agile Institute Training Course with Scrum Master Certification
About the Course
Lean Agile Institute Certified Scrum Master (LAI-SM) is a designation provided to someone who completes the Learning Objectives and demonstrates the knowledge to perform the Scrum Master role.
In this complex and uncertain world, Business Agility is the only way to get through. However, it requires everyone — from team-level execution and delivery, to higher-level strategy, governance, and leadership, to understand agile principles and be educated about agile frameworks like Scrum.
This course provides the learners with the knowledge of Scrum Framework including the Roles, Events, and Artifacts. The course follows the Scrum Guide written by the creators of Scrum. LAI certified Scrum Masters are able to use Scrum in their organizations and thereby, lead and support Agile Transformation using Scrum and achieve success, regardless of their role in the organization.
Upon completing the LAI-SM course, learners are able to:
- Explain how Scrum is related to and aligned with the Agile Manifesto and Agile Principles.
- Apply Scrum Values and describe how these Values are present in Scrum Framework.
- Explain the characteristics of Scrum Master, Product Owner and Development Team roles in Scrum.
- Discuss the roles of Scrum Master, Product Owner, and Development Team.
- Summarize the responsibilities of Scrum Master, Product Owner and Development Team in different Scrum Events – Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review, and Retrospective.
- Describe the activities done in different Scrum Events – Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review, and Retrospective.
- Identify the Scrum Artifacts and describe each one.
- Create “Definition of Done” and its purpose for a Development Team.
- Explain Scrum Master Core competencies and how Scrum Master uses these competencies to make their teams high performing teams.
- Explain Scrum Master’s role in a scaled agile environment.
- Explain how Scrum Master supports his/her organization going through Agile Transformation.
- Scrum Masters
- Project Managers
- QA, Testers
- Team Leaders
- Executives & Leaders
- Anyone leading an Organizational Change or is interested in learning about Agile practices
- LAI-SM Certification with Approved Credential Name Designation
- Hands-On with Simulations and Applied Knowledge Exercises
- No Exams – Instructor Conducts Evaluation During Class
- Low Cost for Training Sessions
- No Renewal Fees
- Lifetime Certification – LAI-SM Certification never expires
- Validated Profile with the Lean Agile Institute Certification Body
- Verifiable Digital Badge with your Credly Profile
This course includes lecture and discussion, case studies, exercises, and discovery.
- Agile Overview
- Agile values & principles – how Scrum aligns with them
- Scrum Overview – Scrum Framework
- The roots of Scrum
- Where to use Scrum?
- Defined Process Control Vs Empirical Process Control
- Scrum Values
- The Scrum roles: Product Owner, ScrumMaster, and Development team
- The Rights, Responsibilities, Characteristics and Authority of each role.
- Scrum Artifacts – Product Backlog, Sprint Backlog and Increment
- Product Backlog Refinement
- Scrum Events – Sprint, Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review and Sprint Retrospective
- Definition of Done
- Scrum Master role in a scaled agile environment.
- Scrum Master Competencies – Facilitating different events, Coaching the Development Team, Product Owner and the Organization.
- Scrum Master as a Servant Leader
- Introduction to User Stories and Estimation Techniques
- Scrum Simulation
There is no prerequisite for this course. However, participants must be willing to interact and apply the concepts during the practical training session.
Participants of this course can earn up to 16 PDUs from PMI upon completion.
- Digital Course Workbook
- Access to LAI-SM Community of Practice
- Digital Badge and
- LAI-SM Certification Credential
Early-Bird Discounted Rate*: $995 (automatic discount; no code needed)
Regular Rate: $1,295
*Early-Bird Registrations valid up until 30-days prior to course start date*
Other forms of payment accepted:
If you prefer to send payment by check rather than by credit card online, please contact us for more information.
You may register and pay for up to 3 people at one time. If you need to register more than 3, please contact us so we can assist you with a bulk registration.
This course is an instructor-led course which we offer online with remote access in partnership with Zeenie Enterprises LLC. Attendees will receive instructions from firstname.lastname@example.org on how to join the virtual training sessions, including how to access a free webinar a week prior to the start of the course.
Harrisburg University reserves the right to cancel or reschedule courses/events at its discretion. Should a program or event be cancelled by the University, a full refund will be issued.
If you need to cancel your registration and would like a refund, please email MMafnas@HarrisburgU.edu. Please attach the confirmation email that you received at time of registration.
- A refund of 100% will be issued up until 30 days in advance of the course/event date.
- A refund of 50% will be issued up until 8 days prior to the start of the course/event.
- No refunds will be issued for cancellations 7 or less days prior to the start of the course/event.
2 Week Training – Class Meets Monday through Thursday for 2 Hours in the evening, from 8 to 10 PM EST
New offerings – coming soon!
About the Trainer
This course is organized by David Chen, Lean Agile Institute Accredited Trainer (LAI-AT).
David is authorized to deliver the following Lean Agile Institute certification courses:
- Agile Foundations Certification (LAI-AF)
- Kanban Foundations Certification (LAI-KF)
- Certified Scrum Master (LAI-SM)
- Certified Agile Product Owner (LAI-APO)
- Certified Agile Facilitator (LAI-CAF)
- Certified Agile Coach (LAI-CAC)
- Certified Enterprise Agile Coach (LAI-EAC)
For more details, please follow this link: https://www.scrumalliance.org/community/profile/cchen106