Harrisburg University has rescheduled its postponed Cage the Elephant concert at Harrisburg’s Riverfront Park to 7 p.m. Sept. 23, 2021.
All previously sold tickets for the June 18, 2020 show, postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic, will be honored on the new date.
Cage the Elephant is a two-time Grammy winning rock band hailing from Bowling Green, Kentucky. Deeply inspired by punk music, brothers Matt and Brad Shultz began playing music in high school with fellow students Jared Champion and Daniel Tichenor. Shortly after forming the band, the group made the bold move to London to start their career.
Their self-titled debut album gained them international attention, catapulting the band up the Billboard Alternative and Rock charts, achieving Platinum certification. Cage the Elephant has released four additional studio albums – 2011’s Thank You, Happy Birthday, the Gold- certified Melophobia, Tell Me I’m Pretty, and Social Cues on RCA Records in April of 2019.
The band won 2020’s Best Rock Album Grammy for Social Cues (RCA). The honor marks Cage the Elephant’s second win and the third time the group was nominated for a Grammy. The band won 2017’s Best Rock Album Grammy for Tell Me I’m Pretty and was nominated in 2015 for Best Alternative Music Album for Melophobia.
For tickets and additional information, visit huconcertseries.com.
Tickets also are available for:
- Black Pumas, XL Live – Feb. 6, 2021
- X Ambassadors, XL Live – March 6, 2021
- Young the Giant, The Forum Auditorium – April 1, 2021
- Saint Motel, XL Live – April 2, 2021
- Cold War Kids, The Forum Auditorium – April 3, 2021
- PVRIS, XL Live – April 16, 2021
- Bishop Briggs, XL Live – April 23, 2021
- Misterwives, XL Live – May 1, 2021
- Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit, Riverfront Park – May 29, 2021
- Brit Floyd, Hershey Theatre – Aug. 24-25, 2021
- Dawes, XL Live – Sept. 24, 2021
- Barnes Courtney, XL Live – TBA
- Of Monsters and Men, Riverfront Park – TBA
About Harrisburg University
Accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, Harrisburg University is a private non-profit university offering bachelor and graduate degree programs in science, technology, and math fields to a diverse student body. For more information on the University’s affordable demand-driven undergraduate and graduate programs, call 717.901.5146 or email, Connect@HarrisburgU.edu.