Professional Development & Continuing EducationAnalytics Institute (AI)
Provides solutions, research, education and training in both structured and unstructured data analytics.
Through strategic partnerships involving leading private and public sector entities as well as entrepreneurs, students and faculty the HU Analytics Institute provides innovative and effective educational programs and community building services.
The Analytics Institute:
- Provides leading-edge education and training to address current and future needs.
- Facilitates collaboration and information for those in the field of big data and predictive analytics to address big problems by hosting activities that support the exchange of information and experiences.
- Fosters innovation by providing opportunities that support the identification, analysis and application of new technologies and emerging methodologies used in data analysis.
- Increases awareness and understanding regarding the value of utilizing data analytics to address some of the biggest challenges of our time.
- Serves as a clearinghouse for academic and industry reports on analytics issues, applications, research, and trends.
- Develops applied research and consulting analytics projects in collaboration with industry, government, and not-for-profits.
- Provides workshops to organizations in analytics.
Solutions to the challenges in business, healthcare, and society are developed through the use data analytics solutions. Developing, maintaining and sharing tools, research and best practices in analytics is critical in the discovery and implementation of new and improved solutions.
While data analytics involves an array of sophisticated tools, at the core of any strategy are skilled professionals. Developing the skills and readiness of leaders, analysts, data scientists and other professionals in analytics is a critical component of the Institute particularly given the rapid pace of change in tools, techniques and challenges. With this in mind, Harrisburg University has established the Analytics Institute. The Institute is a targeted effort to support leaders and their staffs through educational programs, collaboration and awareness raising initiatives. Harrisburg University leverages its faculty, students and business partners to connect local information data analytics professionals with the latest best practices and technologies. Through its partnerships with leading technology and security companies, the business community, technology associations and educational institutions, the Institute brings together a robust community of stakeholders and contributors in support of a shared mission.
Harrisburg University is supported in these initiatives by partners collaborating on a vision of data analytics for the public good.
Sponsorship Become a Sponsor
In general, sponsor benefits include:
- Event meeting space
- Marketing and promotional opportunities
- Opportunities to provide educational content
- Sponsorship of associated events
Associated Programs & Events
AI Generative Workshop
OCT 26, 2023 | 8 AM – 4 PM
Whether you’re a seasoned AI expert or just dipping your toes into the AI ocean, this workshop promises an immersive and enriching experience that will leave you inspired and empowered.
Data and data analytics are shaping the vision and strategy of organizations of all kinds – from businesses to governments to healthcare and higher education institutions.
Introduction to R
JUNE 13, 2023 | 9 AM – 1 PM
Introduction to the R programming language and the integrated development environment RStudio.
JULY 11, 2023 | 9 AM – 1 PM
Data visualization with ggplot2 is covered including bar graphs, histograms, scatterplots, and line graphs.
Data Analytics Certificate Program
The Data Analytics Certificate Program provides you with the skills and techniques necessary to advance your organization’s ability to perform data driven decision making.
Throughout the year, we hold open, community forums on a variety of topics.