Professional Development & Continuing EducationBusiness & Data Analytics Certificate Program
Gain hands-on experience with analytics tools
Learn core concepts and technical skills:
- Kickstart your journey into the high demand career area of data analytics and its diverse pathways.
- Integrate foundational analytics with practical technical skills to analyze and present data.
- Develop a portfolio of work in data analytics that can be showcased to employers.
Example projects to add to portfolio:
- Exploratory data analysis on real industry data requiring wrangling data, creating visualizations, calculating main characteristics, and developing hypotheses
- Scenario-based SQL case study resulting in an Entity-Relationship Diagram (ERD) of updated database and SQL script containing DDL and DML queries
- Dashboard created in Tableau using a given data set
This certificate program includes four (4) courses. Each course is 7 weeks and includes approximately 120 hours of content. In total, the 480-hour certificate can be completed in less than 8 months.
The certificate program was co-developed by Tableau, an industry leader in data visualization, to ensure the content and tools are aligned with the most current trends and tools used in industry.
Believing in the power of learning by doing, the courses take an applied, project-based approach to the curriculum. From day one, students start learning and using new digital tools in the online lab format. The curriculum assignments parallel real-world, on-the-job experiences that exist within the analytics space, allowing students to leverage their certificate to find success in an analytics role.
- Learn foundational concepts and technical skills in a project-based, online platform
- Practice using analytics tools directly in the learning platform
- Get individualized support and feedback from an instructor
- Add projects to their portfolio for employers
While there are no prerequisites, it is recommended that students have comfort with high school mathematics with a focus on algebra and statistics.
Your certificate earned at the end of the program will have Harrisburg University of Science and Technology and Tableau’s name on it, signaling the value of your learning to employers.
Students gain access to the asynchronous course, delivered through an online platform.
All materials are delivered through the online platform.
Each of the four courses must be completed within 7-weeks to receive the certificate of completion.
Other forms of payment accepted: If you prefer to send payment by check rather than by credit card online, please contact us for more information.
Bulk Registrations: You may register and pay for up to 3 people at one time. If you need to register more than 3, please contact us so we can assist you with a bulk registration.
To receive the certification of completion, all four courses must be completed.
Purchasing all four-courses in the certificate program up front saves approximately $1,200. The rates are:
- Private Sector: $5,769
- Public/Non-Profit: $5,250
If the four courses are purchased individually, the total course cost is up to $6,950.
The courses are also offered individually. Please see individual course information here:
- Business Analytics Fundamentals Course
- SQL for Analytics Course
- Data Visualization Foundations Course
- Statistics for Analytics Course
Cancellations & Refunds
Harrisburg University reserves the right to cancel or reschedule courses/events at its discretion. Should a program or event be cancelled by the University, a full refund will be issued.
If you need to cancel your registration and would like a refund, please email MMafnas@HarrisburgU.edu. Please attach the confirmation email that you received at time of registration.
- A refund of 100% will be issued within 7 business days of your registration date.
- A refund of 50% will be issued up until 8 days prior to the start of the course/event.
- No refunds will be issued for cancellations 7 or less days prior to the start of the course/event.
February – September 2021
This cohort includes the following classes: