Professional Development & Continuing EducationAgile Scrum 101
Introduction to the Agile Scrum Framework
About the Course
This fun and interactive 1-day course will introduce participants to the agile scrum framework and how the different scrum ceremonies are implemented.
This course is for participants that are new to the Agile world, but would like a better overview to decide how to begin and leverage agile principles in their teams and projects.
By applying the learning objectives to your business, participants will be able to provide their company with the following benefits:
- Deliver products faster that are what the customers truly need
- Respond easier and faster to changing customer requirements
- Deliver more collaborative solutions between the business and the developers
- Generate more productive teams
Eligible for 7 PDU’s upon completion of the course. Total number of class hours = 7 hours.
The learning objectives of this course are:
- Describe agile and how it is different than waterfall
- Describe the elements of the agile scrum framework
- Compare and contrast the different roles used in scrum
- Analyze, write and estimate good user stories
- Describe how planning and execution is done in scrum
- Describe the challenges and options in implementing agile
- Describe the different certifications that exist in scrum
Learning methods during this course will include: Scrum simulation games, group discussion, team breakout activities, and instructor lecture.
The course covers the following topics:
- Agile Scrum Overview
- Scrum Framework
- User Stories
- Estimating and Planning
- Planning Poker
- Product Backlog and Sprint Backlog
- Sprint Planning and Sprint Execution
- Sprint Review
- Sprint Retrospective
This is an introductory 101 course, which means no specific pre-requisites, background, or prior experience are needed. A background in software development would certainly help, but is not required.
Printed Handout of slides are included in the cost of the course. Print materials will be distributed in class.
The following are not included in the cost of the course:
- Parking fees
Cancellation & Refunds
Harrisburg University reserves the right to cancel or reschedule courses/events at its discretion. Should a program or event be cancelled by the University, a full refund will be issued.
If you need to cancel your registration and would like a refund, please email MMafnas@HarrisburgU.edu. Please attach the confirmation email that you received at time of registration.
- A refund of 100% will be issued within 7 business days of your registration date.
- A refund of 50% will be issued up until 8 days prior to the start of the course/event.
- No refunds will be issued for cancellations 7 or less days prior to the start of the course/event.
“I now better understand estimating techniques, which will help with estimating stories for sprints.”
Date: Monday, January 19, 2023
Time: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm, Eastern
Location: In-Person at Harrisburg University of Science & Technology
Instructor: Baba Sontyana – Harrisburg University
Harrisburg University The Center for Project Management for Innovation
The Center for Project Management for Innovation (CPMI) at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology aims to significantly improve business and project outcomes for state and local governments as well as local and global businesses through professional development, certificates and academic offerings of efficient agile and lean business processes used for Product Development, Software Development, Manufacturing, Business Process Improvement and Value Centered Project/Portfolio Management.