The Harrisburg University Advancement Department presents many special events throughout the year designed to engage and inspire our supporters as we collectively advance the HU mission and goals.
Annual Gala Celebration
- Impact Award Winners: longtime HU supporters Tim Weston and Mary Webber Weston
- Special announcement about the issuance of HU’s very own non-fungible tokens, which will spotlight some of the University’s most significant moments
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology alumni will grow by more than 1,000 as the Class of 2022 graduates at the Farm Show building and Expo at 6:30 p.m. on May 12th. To celebrate HU’s first in-person commencement ceremony since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, graduates of the past three years have been invited to participate in the ceremony.
The class of 2022 has been exceptionally resilient, thriving in a time of uncertainty and exceeding traditional expectations. While the STEM fields historically have been filled by men, 52 percent of this year’s class receiving bachelor’s degrees from HU are women, 50 percent of the University’s master’s degree recipients are women, and 50 percent of HU’s Ph.D. students also are women. We celebrate our entrepreneurial imprint on the globe through our greatest contribution – HU graduates.
“Our students are the beacon that keeps us on course. That same beacon is the reason we weathered the COVID storm. Our students inspire us. They are our lighthouses and our guides. Our classes, research, and community partnerships are for them.” HU President, Dr. Eric Darr
- Annual Founders Club Luncheon featuring the Spotlight Awards honoring partners and friends who are dedicated to HU’s mission and goals
- Invitation to Fall Presidential Briefing and Cocktail Hour
- Invitation to the Spring Presidential Breakfast
- Exclusive access to pre-Commencement Reception and preferred seating at Commencement
- Insider Sneak Peaks, such as a tour of the HU Storm state-of-the-art practice facility